It has been a long while since the last update, well more than 7 months, I guess. So, perhaps it is time. Perhaps we thought nothing exciting was happening in that time, but things can change quickly around here.

We were very excited to be able to travel to Canada in July and see much family (like the twins (see http://daphneandtessa.blogspot.com/) and many aunts, uncles and cousins) in Nova Scotia at my
sister Heather's wedding. It was in Baddeck, NS, near the start of the Cabot Trail. In spite of the typical NS weather and grey skies, there was a dry spell of several hours that allowed the wedding to happen without a hitch, other than the 2 getting hitched. (sorry about that pun, couldn't help it) Also, there was the hitch of 2 of the groom's party having to go to the hospital for injuries in a very strenuous photo shoot, but they managed to return in time for the reception, so all was well.
We also managed to see a few people in Nova Scotia and Toronto, but we were a bit short on time, since we spent a few extra days (and dollars) in Nova Scotia, visiting the sites. Luckily we had another dry spell of a few hours to see the Cabot Trail. Whale watching was not so successful, although at least we didn't get overly wet. We did visit the fortresses of Louisberg and Halifax. Fabiola was most impressed by the "skirts" (kilts) the Scottish soliders wore. We have lots of photos of kilts.
We also managed to see the Royal Ontario Museum (http://www.rom.on.ca/), the Ontario Science Centre and several babies (within or without mother) in Toronto.
Not much else to report over these last few months. Work is the same, busy. I have managed to make my carpal tunnel syndrome worse in recent months and the doctor is recommending surgery. I am going to try to prove him wrong though, doing some exercise and other lifestyle changes to postpone (hopefully permanently) the operation.
Politically, Nicaragua is calm compared to its neighbour to the north at the moment, although we have our own share of democracy busters in power as well.

I guess the other big news is that Fabiola and I are planning to wed at a commitment ceremony in March 2010, here in Nicaragua. The family seems fairly excited about the deal, and well, we are too, I guess. We haven't got more than the date, the people involved on the altar and the country it will take place in at this point, but perhaps soon we will start planning... I guess we'd better.
I'll sign off for now, so take care in the meantime,
Rob

No comments:
Post a Comment