Friday, October 31, 2008

Bday update #72356, sent 2008/06/01

Bday update #72356

Hi there amigos and family,

Greetings. I hope all is well with you. Well, it has been a while, so I guess an update is overdue. I have been busy at work, as usual, but now things are calming down a bit. Just in time to celebrate my birthday with Faby and Maria Eugenia, who came back from the US this week.

El Porvenir has been a little crazy, with several personnel gone, and it wasn't until now that I have contracted the new people. Now I will hopefully be able to look at more long range things instead of covering for people and fire fighting... It is a relief, although I am still training them, we will see if it works out. Faby is not working yet, since leaving the children's capacitations, but is doing some volunteer work for the moment. Also, she plans to study English and get her Driver's license.

Well, my birthday was fun, Faby sang the traditional "Las MaƱanitas", or at least, played it on her cell phone and the breakfast you can see in the attached. I did have to work half a day, but my workmates sang and brought me a cake. In the evening, we went over to Maria Eugenia's, since it was her sister's birthday as well, and felt as part of the family as we ate and listened to a concert from the nieces and nephews. Of course, many of you sent cards and greetings as well, thanks.

What else is new? As you can see in the photos, there are 4 new things, if you look closely. One has to do with Faby's appearance, one is with mine (although it is only for 20 more months), a blue addition to the backyard and a new t-shirt that I got for my birthday.

Well, finally we decided to buy a car. We thought that we needed to get away from Managua a little more often and now we will be able too, well, at least when we go through all the paperwork and get the licence plates. Also, it will be helpful to go out at night and visit people. The bicycle I bought last year is still unused, but I may have to get it out now, as we are broke after buying the car, we probably can't afford the gasoline, as the prices skyrocket here.

Faby is about 90% recovered now from her surgery and we are both in good shape, not like we were at Christmas.

We even had 2 parties recently. First we tried to have a games party, playing Pictionary and Twister with a small group of friends. That was a lot of fun and successful. We even had a visitor from Canada (Vlad). Also, the house was the location for the first class reunion for Faby's high school (Loyola) - they hadn't seen each other in 16 years, give or take.

Well, as you can see, many exciting things have been going on, we hope to hear from you soon too...

Hugs,
Rob and Faby

No comments: