Happy Holidays update #44052
Dear Friends and Family,
It has been a while since the last update, so I guess there is no more appropriate time than on holidays to catch up with you all, and take advantage of this opportunity to send you our Xmas/New Years card.
The executive summary of the update is as follows: work is busy, Fabiola had an operation for her Carpal Tunnel problem and is waylaid, Rob is sick, and it is a good time for a vacation.
Beyond that, Jeff (and better half Andrea) became the first Bell to visit us here in Nicaragua, now the question is who will be next? I think they enjoyed themselves and even mentioned the possibility of another trip, although I don't think they liked Managua much. Well, no one in Managua seems to like it much either. They went to Leon, Poneloya/PeƱitas, Granada, Ometepe and San Juan del Sur. We even went with them to Ometepe, but it was really too quick of a trip, and we didn't get to fully appreciate it.
Right after the trip, Fabiola had her operation on both wrists. She has had problems for many months now with her hands, arms and shoulders falling asleep, and was diagnosed with severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. She could have had just one wrist done at a time, but it would have cost more and then more recovery time, so she decided she wanted to go whole hog. Unfortunately the anaesthesia disagreed with her, and she ended up very sick and vomiting after the operation for 2 days. Also, she still had a mild flu when she went in, but she didn't tell anyone and that had taken a turn for the worse as well. However, the good news is that she is much better and although they do not take the rigs off her wrists for a few more days, she is already eating, brushing her teeth, etc. alone. I still have to help her to the bathroom and get her food, but she is much more independent now - which is good, since on the fourth day, I got sick. I think it was some leftovers I ate, but ended up with simultaneous vomiting and diarrhoea. Yuck. That was 2 days ago, and now I am eating toast at least today.
Hmmm... This is not a very fun update so far, at least the last part. In any case, we have had good support from Fabiola's family, helping us with food and cleaning these last few days. Our fridge is full of juice and yoghurt still (thanks Jeff).
Well, perhaps I will update you more positively later on. Here's hoping your holiday goes more smoothly than ours so far, although we are optimistic that by News Years, all will be in order.
Have a Happy Holiday, whichever flavour you choose for it.
Take care,
Rob
Las ausencias
10 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment