Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mini-update #80211: News and visit to Canada - sent 2007/07/23

Mini-update #80211: News and visit to Canada

Dear Family and Friends,

Quick follow-up on my last email. I was indeed named Executive Director for El Porvenir recently. I guess that is good. I am not sure yet, I will let you know. For that reason, I have to make a trip to the U.S. to visit several donors and my board of directors. I am taking advantage of this trip to seek over the border for a few days. I will be in Vancouver from Aug 28 till Sep 3 and then in Toronto till the 9th. It is not much time, but hopefully I can see a few of you...

I also bought the bicycle, now I just need to find time to buy the corresponding license plate so I can take it for a spin...

Some news that was left out of the last edition. I think I mentioned that our three cats, Fonzi, Sandy and Amelie had left (likely stolen it is thought around here) so we have adopted a new cat, Adriana, named for a hurricane when she turned up on a friend's doorstep. These friends have gone to Spain for 3-4 years, so we are babysitting... I will try to get a photo up on the website at some point...

We are in heavy blackout season, the cuts have been for up to 12 hours a day. Now they are more regulated and it is usually 5-6 hours. Last week it was from 5-10pm, this week from 2-7pm.

That is all for now, short and sweet... Talk to you soon,
Rob

No comments: