update #8991: visit to Canada in the near future
Hola friends and family,
Well, my pants keep shrinking, although perhaps I am still not quite fat. And well it has only been 2 or 3 months since the last update, however, what the heck, I am waiting for the landlady to come for the rent.
Not much to report as such, but well, there is news of sort. I am going to be in Toronto from Sept 22 to Oct 4. I have a meeting in Colorado in Oct, so I am getting an almost free flight, so I am taking advantage of that... The other news is that Fabiola may come with me. We are applying for a visitor's visa for her. We shall see what the Canadian government has to say about it. We have our fingers crossed. Even if they say yes, we will still need to apply for the USA visa, which could be fun, as I suspect we are both listed as enemies of state to Bush's government. Unfortunately, we haven't the cash to get to Vancouver as well (nor Alberta), maybe in the next visit.
Work is going fine, very busy, a bit overwhelming at times, all the things that need to be done, but slowly getting through some things. Been in the field again the last 3 weeks, which means I am farther behind on my office work... Some day I will catch up. That is something to worry about on Monday.
FOG is ok, although I need to do an update - probably 4-5 months ago... Still waiting for one of the two scholarship reports to make a decent update out of it. Maybe they will bring me the report soon....
Life is good here in general. The relationship with Fabiola, although tumultuous perhaps in its initial phase, is now fairly stable and wow, we are about to celebrate one year together. I guess that means it is going well...
With some other friends here we are organising a Mesoamerican Forum on Games and Group Dynamics for November. We have no money, but that is half the fun. Our friend Ariel from Uruguay is here next weekend to help us plan it.
OK, that is the quick summary. I hope all is well in your area of the world, if your area is Toronto, perhaps I will see you soon, take care,
Rob
Las ausencias
10 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment